I really needed some exercise so I headed out on Sunday, 11/18/2018. up Iron Mountain. I’ve hiked this mountain, W6/SC-214 - Iron Mountain multiple times (see last December, and January). As you can see from the map, it’s about a 5.2 mile trek up and back. I hauled my gear with me to get a few contacts but I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and realized that I hadn’t activated it this year, so I go to chalk up a win for my team and 2 points for the log. The hike was nominal but I got a contact out in Hawaii, Kent, KH6CJJ. Sulu could take it or leave it but I enjoyed the hike up the rock to get some exercise with the pack on. Juan and I are planning a hike while we are in AZ, so it would be a good tuneup.
● Yaesu FT-891D HF Radio at 100 watts
● 30’ of coax feed line
● 3 L of water (8 lb)
● SOTA Dog
● iPhone with All Trails, MotionX GPS and sota goat
● MFJ-939Y auto antenna tuner for 891
● Trekking poles
● AnyTone AT-868UV DMR radio for testing.
● Delorme Inreach satellite tracker and communicator.
Aka Chris claborne