Full Equipment Vendors
Parts & Manufactures
- Amateur Radio Supplies
- mfjenterprises.com - Antennas and stuff
- dbjre.com - Software
- dxengineering.com - Parts
- wiredco.com - Cables, connectors, LED
- https://powerwerx.com/ - Power and cables
- http://www.impulseelectronics.com/ Battery pack
- The Wire Man https://www.thewireman.com/
- Portable Zero - The rail guys
- Amateur Radio Suppliesmateur Radio Supplies
- Slim Jim antennas. Suposidly this guy is known for making the best ones. 2wayelectronix.com. I like the name :)
- Begali Paddles
BLOGs and info
- Dave Casler, explains how stuff works, how to build, and some reviews.
- Ham Radio Concepts, I thought I knew was 80m was till I watch this. Informative for sure.
- eham.net - equip reviews
- Commsprepper https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft2YfbwhZo2vK8jY1vAbg
- Mike Myers (K3DO) Ham Blog
OH8STN - A off-grid field radio operator. Julian's BLOG features other blogers as well and he is a leading guy in emergency comms prepping. He is serious about research, using the "LEGO BLOCK" approach, and seems to provide honest reviews.
How To Articles
Technology, Research, etc
- VHF/UHF Handheld Performance Comparison (List of HTs and how they perform)
- Yaesu Fusion Deep Dive
- rms Express is a winmore email client. Allows you to do a winlink message or a peer-to-peer.
Allows telnet, Packet, Pactor, Robust, Winmor all with WL2K (Winlink) with a TNC-X modem
- Why are dipols 1/2 wavelength long
- NVIS antennas and "skip zone" The comms prepper did a short explanation on it and then put up a NVIS antenna.
- Digital Mode Comparison Document. This is a good BLOG entry on it.
- Understanding Yagi Antenna Theory (short and simple for people like me)
- Understanding Solar Indices
- Excellent Solar Conditions site.
Propagation Info Links
-- Chris Claborne, N1CLC